Connecticut Dance Alliance National Dance Day 2021
We’re sorry but applications have closed at this time. We hope you’ll join us on September 19th!
September 19th, 2021
Rain date (September 26, 2021)
The Connecticut Dance Alliance is presenting Connecticut’s 2nd Annual National Dance Day at Webster Walk in Blue Back Square in West Hartford, CT from 11 am to 4 pm. The day will feature FREE live performances, dance related festivities and workshops from Connecticut dance studios, companies, and independent artists throughout the state. The goal of National Dance Day is to spread the joy of dance in all its forms, showcase the diversity of dance in our state and encourage fun and healthy body movement and creative expression.
Calling all Dance Studios, Dance Companies & Independent Artists!
In an effort to unite the Connecticut dance community, the CDA is looking for dance studios, dance companies and independent artists to perform or offer workshops to the public. All genres are welcome! If you are interested in sharing the art of dance, please click here to access and submit your application form.
To be eligible to apply, participant(s) must meet each of the following criteria:
- Must be a CT based dance studio, dance company or independent artist
- If registering for a performance slot, performance must be under 8 min.
- If registering for a workshop slot, workshops must be limited to 30 min.
Please note: Choreography or workshop must be suited for outdoor space of 10’ x 20’.
Registration Deadline: May 28, 2021
Materials Submission: September 1, 2021
Complete the Google Form no later than 11:59 PM on Friday, May 28, 2021. All application forms must be submitted via Google Forms. Submitting applications prior to the deadline is encouraged. Submit music, workshop description (if applicable), and program introduction information by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
- Show work during Connecticut’s 2nd Annual National Dance Day
- Promotional opportunities
- Participating groups/artists may showcase their promotional items at CDA tables located on site during the event
- Participants will be highlighted on our website, social media, newsletter and via press release prior to the event
- All participants will be able to promote photos and have direct links to your website or social media platform of choice
- Receive day-long parking voucher
Become a Sponsor
CDA needs your help to make CDA 2nd NDD a great success. If you or your business are interested in being an event sponsor, please contact Brianne Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email your questions to Brianne Dwyer at email@example.com.