Full Time Positions
Sr. Staff/Interpreter from Russian to English, CT Program
Sr. Staff/Interpreter will be responsible for interpreting during ballet classes from Russian language to English language. Ability to conduct a stretch class for dancers is a plus. Some participant overseeing duties will be assigned also. THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL OPTION / NON-RESIDENTIAL OPTION MAY BE CONSIDERED. COMMITMENT FOR THE WHOLE PERIOD IS EXPECTED.
– Advanced fluency and proficiency in English and Russian languages
– Knowledge of ballet terminology highly preferred
– – Age 18 or older / Experience in overseeing children
– – Sensitivity to/appreciation of other cultures and foreign students
– – Must have proper documentation for employment in the US
Compensation: $3000 for the period + housing & meals / 5 days off will be assigned during the period
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: RUSAMFOUNDATION@AOL.COM
Ridgefield School of Dance
The Ridgefield School of Dance, a well stablished ballet school with strong focus on classical ballet technique seeks an instructor with knowledge of the Balanchine style of training, who is willing to follow a set curriculum and contribute to a collaborative team environment. Please send resume, references and videos (or links) if available to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ridgefield School of Dance
66 Grove Street
Ridgefield CT 06877
Associate Artistic and School Director
Ballet Theatre Company
Ballet Theatre Company (BTC) announces the new role of Associate Artistic and School Director to continue the growth of the organization in serving the local community and dancers. Reporting to the BTC Artistic Director and General Manager, the AASD is responsible for guiding strategic planning and implementation, generating resources, communicating with all constituents, and overseeing all artistic and operational aspects of the organization.
The AASD is responsible for the administration of The School of Ballet Theatre Company including the growth and expansion of programs which currently offer dance classes to student’s ages 3 to adult as well as community outreach programs and performances. For full job description and application instructions go to http://www.dancebtc.org/employment
Modern Dance Teachers
ACES Educational Center for the Arts
The ACES Educational Center for the Arts in New Haven, Connecticut is seeking part time teachers with expertise in various levels of modern dance technique, dance composition and choreography. Candidates must possess strong choreographic skills and the ability to set repertory.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MFA preferred with substantial professional dance experience.
- Extensive experience teaching to high school aged dancers.
- Knowledge of diverse learning styles and pedagogical approaches that encourage student retention and success for students enrolled in a performing arts high school.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and challenge students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience developing course and program level outcomes.
- Expertise in ballet, contact improvisation, improvisation, partnering, dance history, world dance technique, somatics or movement analysis is desirable.
This candidate will teach various levels of modern dance technique and dance composition; set original choreography in faculty repertory; advise seniors in choreography final project. Additional courses may include the following: ballet, contact improvisation, improvisation, partnering, dance history, world dance technique, somatics, movement analysis.
Dance Department Chair
ACES Educational Center for the Arts
Send resume to email@example.com
Visit our website at http://www.aces.org/ to submit an online application.