Connecticut Dance Alliance National Dance Day
September 19th, 2020
Rain date (September 20, 2020)
The Connecticut Dance Alliance is presenting Connecticut’s 1st Annual National Dance Day at Webster Walk in Blue Back Square in West Hartford, CT from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. The day will feature FREE live performances, dance related festivities and workshops from Connecticut dance studios, companies, and independent artists throughout the state. The goal of National Dance Day is to spread the joy of dance in all its forms, showcase the diversity of dance in our state and encourage fun and healthy body movement and creative expression.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am Read & Reverence
- Read & Reverence is a program targeted for children age three to seven. The event is focused on integrating the power of the written word and dance. Three BFA Ballet Pedagogy students from Hartt School will be leading the event. The event will include a reading of New York City’s Ballet The Sleeping Beauty picture book, a brief movement session, and ending with a photo with each child and the three leaders to remember the special day.
- 11:00 am – 5:30 pm Dance Performances & Workshops
The public and dance community are welcome to observe and participate in all the workshops. No need to pre-register.
*Schedule is subject to change, please refer to this site for the most up-to-date information
- Presentation of Dance Literature by CT based authors
- Connecticut Dances – A Visual History exhibition
- Dancewear apparel donation drive
To be eligible to register, participant(s) must meet each of the following criteria:
- Must be a CT based dance studio, dance company or independent artist
- If registering for a performance slot, performance must be under 8 min.
- If registering for a workshop slot, workshops must be limited to 30 min.
- Maximum of 8 dancers
Please note: Choreography or workshop must be suited for outdoor space of 10’ x 20’.
Registration Deadline: May 22, 2020
Materials Submission: September 1, 2020
Complete the Google Form no later than 11:59 PM on Friday, May 22, 2020. All registration forms must be submitted via Google Forms. Submitting registration prior to the deadline is encouraged. Submit music, workshop description (if applicable), and program introduction information by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
- Show work during Connecticut’s 1st Annual National Dance Day
- Promotional opportunities
- Participating groups/artists may showcase their promotional items at CDA tables located on site during the event
- Receive day-long parking voucher
Can I support CT’s National Dance Day beyond attending?
Become a Sponsor
CDA needs your help to make CDA 1st NDD a great success. If you or your business are interested in being an event sponsor, please contact Brianne Dwyer at email@example.com.
Make a clothing donation
The day will also be utilized as a collection drive for new or gently used dance clothing. Donation drop off at the CDA table in Webster Walk of Blue Back Square, West Hartford or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional options.
Please email your questions to Brianne Dwyer at email@example.com.
Please note the event will follow all current COVID-19 government mandates.