Connecticut Dance Alliance Jump Start Award
Application Guidelines 2019-2020
With a mission to strengthen the field of dance in Connecticut, the Jump Start Award for Connecticut Dance provides multi-layered support for Connecticut’s choreographers. This award program aims to support Connecticut choreographers creating original work in any dance genre and at any career level, to move forward and “jump start” their careers by providing artists with:
- $250-$500 in implementation funds to create or complete a project or “jump start” their work or career; and
- 3 hours of consulting/mentorship with a mentor in a chosen area of need and/or interest to the artist such as artistic, technical, marketing and communication, or business planning to assist in project implementation
- A series of cohort (awardees) meetings to connect choreographers, build relationships and allow for co-learning.
- 1-year free choreographer membership in The Connecticut Dance Alliance
A minimum of 2 awards and maximum of 4 awards will be given to choreographers with an emphasis on including a variety of genres. Choreographers will be selected who are at different career stages: at the beginning of a professional career, mid and well established. We strongly encourage all artists to apply.
Eligibility Requirements and Funding Restrictions
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet each of the following criteria. Applying choreographers must:
- Make and present an original work in any genre of dance.
- Have choreographed and presented work for an audience in a public setting within the last 24 months. (The event could have been ticketed or free for a specific or general audience)
- Have a primary residence within CT.
- Be at least 18 years old at time of application.
- A 501(c)3 designation is notrequired.
Please note: Current Jump Start awardees are not eligible to apply to Jump Start in this cycle.
Grant Period: Funds must be spent between October 2019 and October 2020
Launch Date: February 2019
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
Decisions Anticipated: September 2019
Award Event: October 2019
Learn more about the award and what is needed to submit a good application. The Connecticut Dance Alliance invites all interested applicants to learn more about the Jump Start Award and ask questions at our regional meetings, which will be posted on this site. Please register at least 24 hours in advance of each session.
All applicants must complete the Jump Start application using submittable software.
Submit an Application
Click here to access and submit your application.
Please attend one of the upcoming info sessions occurring between February and May, which will be posted on this site. If your question is not answered in a regional meeting, or if you are unable to attend, please email your questions to Erica Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org