Connecticut Dance Alliance Jump Start Award
Application Guidelines 2020-2021
The Connecticut Dance Alliance Jump Start Award provides multi-layered support for Connecticut’s choreographers creating original work in any dance genre and at any career level. With a mission to strengthen the field of dance in Connecticut, the Connecticut Dance Alliance Jump Start Award seeks to support dance makers move forward and “jump start” their careers by providing artists with:
- A maximum of $500 in implementation funds to create or complete a project or “jump start” their work or career
- 3 hours of consulting/mentorship with a mentor in a chosen area of need and/or interest to the artist such as artistic, technical, marketing and communication, or business planning to assist in project implementation
- A series of cohort (awardees) meetings to connect choreographers, build relationships and allow for co-learning.
- 1-year free choreographer membership in The Connecticut Dance Alliance
- An opportunity to showcase your work at the Jumpstart Studio Showcase Event
Each year between two and four awardees are selected by CDA’s selection panel. With an emphasis on diverse genres and dance styles, the selection panel looks for choreographers who are at any phase of their careers. From emerging choreographers to established dance creators, all artists are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility Requirements and Funding Restrictions
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet each of the following criteria. Applying choreographers must:
- Make and present an original work in any genre of dance
- Have choreographed and presented work for an audience in a public setting within the last 24 months (The event could have been ticketed or free for a specific or general audience)
- Have a primary residence within CT
- Be at least 18 years old at time of application
- A 501(c)3 designation is not required
Please note: Previous Jump Start awardees are not eligible to apply to Jump Start in this cycle.
Grant Period: Funds must be spent between October 2020 and October 2021
Launch Date: April 2020
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
Decisions Anticipated: August 2020
Award Event: October 2020
Following the grant period awardees will be required to submit a final report no later than November 30, 2021.
It is required that awardee will use the appropriate crediting of Connecticut Dance Alliance in all promotional and program materials. Failure to do this can result in forfeiture of award.
All applicants must complete the Jump Start application using the Google form and submit online. No mailed or paper applications will be accepted.
Submit an Application
Click the button below to access and submit your application.
Please email your questions to Erica Nelson: email@example.com